Sunday, January 6, 2013

Morphing II(manmeet's place)







Jose 'morphing' Manmeet's house/home (4.1.13)

The 6'x4' diwan cum bed,moves out of the studio and into the drawing room.....it creates an unease....looking at the images,it looks like an innocent piece of furniture...but I know what memories it carries....



BEFORE AND AFTER SHOTS


the studio gets space to work and the living room gets engulfed..



like a dog hears a sound even 10 meters away,the mother hears a mere sigh of a sleeping child...Brishti wakes up and my thoughts are lost....I no more cry at night these days...try and absorb the space around me...changing furnitures with clusters of clutter,chosen to forget at intervals...making the house alive with their chaos...the will to not touch them for now..another task for an empty day....(12:24 a.m)

8.1.13

The shoe rack moves inside the washroom...I don't like it there,but it seems the apt place for it.It was earlier next to my computer/working table and sometimes the shoes came onto it...that ways its still better.Jose kept Brishti's study table there(next to mine). She still is not fond of it,though when I had bought it she was very excited.It is pink,her favourite colour that time,now it is red,her favourite colour.





It spoils the orderliness of the washroom,where everything else is in it right place,nothing is jutting out or obstructing anything. The door doesn't open completely now,but there is no where else to keep it. Its like an irritant. Maybe I should paint it!

9.1.13
Kohinoor took a leave today.She cooks for me and tidies my house abit. I didn't touch the house. Its cluttered as cluttered can be. The house becomes me today...disarranged...displaced...blurred...clothes mixing into each other...shoes all around...
Somehow I can never find the right place to put things.But its functional. The clothes are clean and dried up,which is important,the overhead tank is full,which is important,Brishti had her dinner,which is important,the heater is repaired,Brishti slept on time,I went to school,got the petrol filled,paid the electricity bill....all functional.
Yet something is missing....will cleanliness restore it?what is needed to fill these gaps?gaps of emptiness...gaps of sighs...gaps of silence...


gaps...



13.1.13

Happy Lohri!
Tomorrow the morphing completes 10 days.So as per our project guidelines,one is free to undo the changes made.
The chest of drawers which Jose moved in the studio is better functional in the living room...the diwan is irritating me...it gives more space to clutter..but i don't want to move it back in the studio,i like the studio like this...the diwan if it moves from the drawing room,is surely going out of the house...

14.1.13
I was not sure what Brishti's reaction would have been-moving the diwan in the drawing room.She loved playing in the open space. But she was so cool about it. She asked why Jose did that. And two days back we had done the same to Samudra's place,so it was easy telling her. And she understood. Children I believe get adjusted more quickly,or rather they use the space for as per their own convenience.She now sits on it and plays with her toys. But I'm sure,she will enjoy the space once the diwan is out.

16.1.13
I moved back the drawer cabinet back into the drawing/dining area. Suddenly it felt so good.
It looks perfect there and is utilized more. I feel so satisfied,just moving a piece of furniture!
Brishti tries to stop me from shooting!

The empty space after the cabinet moves out...the studio feels so light.
and it gets filled up again!


Clutter-some more before and after shots






No comments:

Post a Comment